“You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” –A.A. Milne
When life brings pain or we have a yearning for something more, something better, we may need help to reach that goal or to change our circumstances or how we feel. Counseling can help you clarify your goals and beliefs, identify barriers and learn new skills necessary to achieve our goals and to live a more satisfying life.
To take action for change by participating in counseling represents an act of courage, one worthy of respect. My approach is to establish a working relationship based on this respect and to stand “shoulder to shoulder” with each client as we examine the beliefs, thoughts and emotions associate with your current circumstances. As a licensed professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, Master Addiction Counselor and Board Certified Professional Christian Counselor, I believe you have the capacity to change and that you possess valuable knowledge, skills and resources which can be used to bring about the desired results.
The counselor-client relationship is meant to be temporary. If you and I agree to work together, we will do so knowing my goal is to make myself unnecessary by helping you get results as quickly as possible! This means during our time together we may work to identify your core values and beliefs, challenge (with humor and compassion) your patterns of behaving and thinking (thinking itself is a behavior) and practice new ways of communicating and interacting with others. In addition, I’ll help you make good use of time between sessions to promote your growth and desired change. This may mean I suggest reading or other activities to help you develop new ways of responding to the circumstances of your life. With more than 30 years of experience as a mental health practitioner, I have helped hundreds of individuals, couples and families make changes which have produced a happier, more satisfying life. I specialize in helping clients improve their relationships and helping to improve the lives of those struggling with excessive use of alcohol and other drugs. Evening hours are available. The office is handicapped accessible and the setting is peaceful and supportive of healing. You’ll be asked to complete some paperwork before your first appointment, so plan on arriving about 20 minutes ahead of time.
- Therapy Models: Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, Family Systems, Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Modalities: Individuals, Couples, Families
- Ages: Adults
- Specialties: Relationship Counseling, Addictions (substance abuse and other compulsive disorders), Veterans
Qualifications and Experience
- Years in Practice: 32
- Degree: Masters in Marriage, Family and Child Counseling
- Licenses: Professional Counselor (LPC); Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), State of Oregon, since 1981
- Certifications: Board Certified Professional Christian Counselor; Master Addiction Counselor (MAC)
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Couples and Family Therapy
- Clinical Supervision
- Most insurance plans accepted
- Cash, Check, Credit card accepted for payment. Due at time of each therapy appointment
- 24 hour cancellation policy